Psychologists are members of the Allied Health profession who focus on diagnosing and treating emotional and behavioural disorders in patients. Psychologists are trained to treat those who are experiencing emotional distress or who have mental health issues such as binge eating, drug and alcohol addiction, depression, anxiety, or relationship issues.
To locate a qualified psychologist, you can see a Clinical Psychologist near me service or enquire at your local medical clinic for a referral from a trusted medical expert.
A clinical psychologist is trained to listen to a patient’s concerns and make an evaluation of the person’s emotional, mental, and cognitive health. They’ll ask the patient questions to get to the bottom of what’s bothering them and what they’re thinking and feeling. The psychologist will then devise ways of thinking that will help the patient better manage their issues.
By helping you keep a level head and manage any pressure, anxiety, panic disorder, and a variety of other issues you may be experiencing, a psychologist could be a valuable addition to your health insurance plan. They enable you to maximize your life and achieve your full potential while avoiding clinical signs of depression or other mental health issues.
Our team of psychologists and counsellors at Reliance Care and Support is committed to offering you and your loved ones individual support and evidence-based treatments. We are friendly, professional, and experienced.
Clinical services provided by Reliance Care and Support are both evidence-based and client-centred. Accredited Mental Health Social Workers and Psychologists make up our team. Our work emphasizes individual therapy and is reinforced by our services for families, parents, and couples. Children, teenagers, and adults are all welcome to seek our services. It is a point of pride for us to have a team that represents a wide range of identities and experiences.
The following is a synopsis of what we offer. We believe in a dynamic and collaborative process to identify the best therapy method with you, as we recognise that a person’s experiences cannot always be reduced to a few words. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you require assistance with your mental health. Your health and wellness requirements and objectives may evolve as you progress.
We can assist you with a wide variety of life issues, difficulties, and psychological worries, including:
Anxiety, Self-Consciousness, and Behavior
- Controlling negative feelings like despair, rage, humiliation, guilt, and emptiness or unhappiness
- Keeping a handle on erratic emotions and persistent mood swings
- Minimizing emotional and mental exhaustion
- Treatment of anxiety disorders,” encompassing “Generalized Anxiety Disorder,” “Social Anxiety Disorder,” “Health Anxiety Disorder,” “Fears,” “Anxiety Attacks,” as well as “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder” (OCD)
- Lessening the negative effects of impulsive actions
- Coping with stress and trauma after traumatic events
- Dealing with Loss and Disappointment
Relational, Social, and Family Aspects
- Highlight the issues in the home and with loved ones
- Enhancing one’s capacity for social interaction and communication
- Learning to Control Your Anger
- Issues brought on by communication between people of different cultural backgrounds
- Migration-related concerns
The Unique Requirements of Children and Teens
- The prevalence of unpleasant emotions like worry and rage among young people
- Issues with behaviour, such as irritability or a lack of initiative
- Issues with bonding and breaking apart
Treatments and Therapies
Well-being and restoration can be attained in a variety of ways. Our mission at Reliance Care and Support is to assist you in making sense of your life and maximizing your potential. If you’ve never considered therapy before, you can see a clinical psychologist near me for further assistance.
Your therapist and you may decide to try one of the following effective treatments.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (often known as CBT) is used
- A Look at Schema Therapy
As part of our initial evaluation, we take into account all of the factors that could make a difference in meeting your requirements so that we can make an informed recommendation.
Reliance Care And Support has been established in response to local community demand for culturally informed, and disability support services in the Victoria region.
Reliance Care and Support’s services include:
Individual and Group Community Participation activities, including supported shopping, medical appointments, sporting and recreational events, social activities, visiting or making new friends, travel and building confidence and social skills. Assistance with life stage transitions and skill development, including assistance with accommodation and tenancy obligations, as well as budgeting, mentoring, peer support, individual skill development, and decision making to support people to make transitions on their own terms and in a way that meets their goals and aspirations.